These Weeks We . . . April 25 - May 6, 2016
· returned from vacation and wrote about and illustrated in our journals about something fun we did over vacation
· celebrated our Earth throughout the week. We learned about ways we could make a difference in taking care of our earth, ASK ME what we can do at home
· had a “trash-free” snack – we did great, very, very little trash, a big difference from the day before
· went to see “Johnny the K” who sang about taking care of the Earth and respect, he wore many different hats, ASK ME which was my favorite, thank you P.T.A.
· met with our Guided Reading groups, boy are we becoming great readers!
· Our whole class went down to the office and read a poem over the loud speaker, ASK ME which poem we read
· finished poetry month (April) with a wonderful “Poetry Party”, thank you to Mrs. Sarkar and Mrs. O’Shea for organizing all the goodies and to all the Moms that sent things in, we hope you enjoyed the party!
· had “Reader’s Workshop” where we became “Avid Non-Fiction” readers, ASK ME what topic my reading club focused on – insects, animals, beach, people
· learned what makes something a living thing or non-living - ASK ME?
· practiced sentence dictation and tapping CVC words on the magnetic boards and dry erase boards
· worked hard on a Mother’s Day gift, I hope you love it!
· discussed and labeled the parts of plants and what they need to live and grow
· had jump roping expert Mark Rothstein come to school and teach us how to jump rope and showed us some awesome tricks, thank you P.T.A.
· in science we discussed paper, and recycled old paper into new paper
· in math we have been learning about subtraction and finding different addends in our subtraction number sentences
F.Y.I. - Mark your calendars
~ Southwick Zoo Field Trip, Friday, May 20th
~ Kindergarten Memory Show, Friday, June 10th, 9:30
~ Last day of kindergarten, Tuesday, June 14th, a full day