These Weeks We . . . December 14-23, 2015
· Finally finished learning all our letters and sounds, so we are ready to spell and read
· Made a gingerbread man and guess what, he ran away, ASK ME where we found him
· At Writers’ Workshop we used our sounds to spell words in a letter to Santa, we wrote a letter to “persuade” him that we have been very good, Mrs. O’Shea mailed them off to him, ASK ME what I told him
· Thank you to Mrs. O’Shea for bringing in delicious and fun gingerbread houses for us to decorate
· Learned about different shapes in math, how many vertices and sides they have, are they curved lines or straight lines, we sorted by shape and made shapes
· Finished our special gift for you and made a card to go with it
· Practiced counting and clapping syllables to Christmas words
· Filled in missing numbers to help with our counting and number sense
· Continued practicing our reading using our 7 strategies and added “ reading to make books come to life”, did partner reading where I read my favorite book to my partner and they read one to me, ASK ME who I read to
· Heard many great Christmas stories and sang fun songs, ASK ME to teach them to you
· Played word wall bingo
· Had a very fun Holiday Party and finished the day off with a whole school sing-a-long – very festive!
We hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas
and a fun New Year! Enjoy you beautiful children.
Mrs. O’Shea and Mrs. Cerrato