These Weeks We . . . October 19 – 30, 2015
· added new words to our word wall “can”, “the”, “go” and “will” after reading the books “Who Do You See?”, and “Trick or Treat”, I put my copy into my reading bin
· at Writer’s Workshop we drew a picture of our trip to Ward’s Berry Farm and labeled it
· worked hard on learning the meaning of numbers 0 to 7, we practiced making sets, writing them, 3 ways to represent them with objects, the number itself and the number word
· during Reading Workshop we continued to learn and practice strategies to read our old favorite storybooks and finished Unit 1 with a parade to the Main Office and got a book from Mrs. O’Shea
· made a black cat or spider using shapes
· in science we continued learning about trees, we went out to observe the fall trees in our schoolyard then illustrated what we saw in our science notebook and discussed the shapes of trees and how some have similar shapes
· had Halloween fun we turned off the lights and read the Halloween poem “The Dark House” using a flashlight; we made our own copy to bring home, ASK ME to read it to you - if you’re brave enough
· used magnetic boards to practice our sounds and spell Word Wall Words
· had Open Circle and talked about using “Non-verbal Signals”
· learned many new Halloween songs - I’m Orange and Round, the Halloweeny Spider, Ghost and Goblins, ASK ME to teach you some. We heard many great Halloween stories, too.
· filled in words to match pictures from our October morning song, ASK ME to sing it to you
· had a great Halloween parade and party. Thank you to all who sent in things for our goodie bags they were a hit and especially Mrs. Sarkar and Mrs. O’Shea for all your work organizing things
* Have fun on Saturday. See you at conferences next week!